On 28 October 2023, we will hold our flagship event - Aviation 4 Girls in Amsterdam at the Amsterdam University of Applied Science, Jakoba Mulderhuis (JMH), Amstelcampus Rhijnspoorplein 2, 1091 GC Amsterdam). The theme of the event is “Reach for the Skies: Empowering Young People in STEM and Aviation Careers”. The idea is to have fun and educational events for around 100+ girls and boys, ages 15-18. Part of the event will be streamed live and offered to schools as part of their STEM curriculum. The event is free to all participants.
We have already partnered with several industry names, such as AERO, AIS Flight Academy, Clean Aviation Joint Undertaking, Dassault Aviation + Dassault Falcon, Diamond Aircraft, Droneclass, Dronemasters, EASA, EBAA, with participation of the European Commission, Elixir Aircraft, EPAN, ERAU, Euroavia, EUROCONTROL, GAMA, HvA, Jet Aviation, Leiden University, MPS, Pratt & Whitney, Sindikat Kontrole Letenja, Skyguide, Transavia, Vives, Wingsforaid, Women on Board/KLM.
🔴 Live Streaming will be available for a portion of our morning session from 09:30-10:30 - please click at the LINK
If you are 15-18yr old and you travel more then 200km to our event we will reimburse you for your travel costs for up to EUR100 regardless of your mode of transport (please note that proof of travel will be required). This is all thanks to our amazing Partners and Sponsors, listed above, who went out of their way this year to make the aviation dream happen for as many girls and boys.
Save the date, start planning your trip to Amsterdam and reach out to us if you have any questions. We cannot wait to see you in Amsterdam on 28 October 2023! The event will take place from 09:30 until 14:00:
09:00 - 09:30 Registration
09:30 -10:15 Official opening and welcome by:
Nargis Zamaray (AviAll President)
Meiltje de Groot (CEO Groningen Airport)
Sofie van den Boogaard (Maintenance & Reliability Engineering Lead NAM BV Assen)
10:15-13:00 Activities for young people
13:45-14:00 Farewell from AviAll, the final words from our last speaker Zanthe Jordine (GAMA Airworthiness & Regulatory Specialist) and farewell from our host HvA
Activities planned for the day are amazing this year and we cannot wait to share the joy of aviation with you! See below what we have planned!
1. Make your own aircraft profile with MakersLab (sponsored by HvA). This is a hands-on creative activity that will spark your imagination! In this engaging session, you'll design and construct your very own aircraft profile. We will provide all the materials and step-by-step instructions you need to bring your aircraft concept to life.
2. Step into the world of Virtual Reality (VR) and take part in "Amelia's Dream" (sponsored by HvA, VR for Diversity – Civic Interaction Design, and WeMakeVR). You will follow Amelia Earhart on her exciting journey to achieve her dreams. She was an American aviation pioneer and the first female aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. In this engaging VR experience, you'll get to see things from Amelia's perspective and understand the challenges and victories she encounters while working to make her dreams come true. This isn't just a story; it is an immersive adventure!
3. Fly on the B737 NG Simulator (sponsored by HvA). Have you ever wondered what it's like to sit in the cockpit of a real aircraft and see the world from a pilot's perspective? Now is your chance! Feel the thrill of flying a commercial aircraft as you take control of the flight simulator's controls. Experience the adrenaline rush of take-off, navigate through the skies, and perform a smooth landing, all under the expert guidance of our instructor.
4. Come and learn to fly a Drone (or two) with us (sponsored by Dronemasters). Our friends from Dronemasters will set up a 'flight zone' and teach you how to fly a drone through and around some obstacles. Then you will get to fly one (or two). Get ready to sharpen your flying skills and become a drone pilot for a day.
5. Career Fair (sponsored by many AviAll supporters). This is an opportunity for you to get to find out all incredible career opportunities in the aviation industry. From general aviation to commercial aircraft operations, from training to be a mechanic, pilot, aircraft engineer, to air traffic controller, safety specialist, environmental specialist, data analyst, or Human Factors expert. We have it all. We will also have a game for you, to encourage you to speak with as many aviation experts as possible on the day and figure out what they do.